Tuesday 5 November 2013

Current Make Up Remover Show Down.


So above are the two lovelies which I have been relying on lately to scrub-a-dub all of the make up from my face. On the left is Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil and on the right L'Oreal 3 in 1 Micellar Solution. I originally wanted Bioderma as opposed to the L'Oreal micellar water but I wasn't sure where to source it. (On a sidenote, if anybody does know where I can get my hands on some, please let me know!)


As you can see from how much of this I have used, I do love the Origins cleansing oil. I bought it at the Origins counter in House of Fraser, Dundrum and the lady there was so sweet to me. She gave me a lot of good advice on skincare! The pump is sold separately but in my opinion, necessary if you don't want to pour your money right down the drain!

As far as its cleansing ability goes, I find that I don't need to use very much of this to take off a full face of make up. For reference, I have had this bottle for three months and use it about five times a week. It doesn't leave an oily residue, though personally I don't particularly like to use it on my eyes because I find my vision can be a little blurry for a while afterwards!
The major pro of this product is no need for cotton wool, cotton pads etc. - you can simply massage it right into your skin with your fingers! I find it very effective overall and I imagine that I will re-purchase it in the future.

This L'Oreal micellar water is a make up remover which I am now coming to the end of. Price wise, it is so much cheaper than the Origins oil and just as good, though in a different way.

I use cotton pads with this remover - pictured - and it generally takes me about five cotton pads, including taking off my eye make up. It is extremely gentle on the skin but it even removes waterproof mascara! The only downside to this, for me, is that my face doesn't feel 'clean' after use. The Origins cleansing oil involves rinsing with water so I feel that I can move on to toning and moisturising but with this, I just want to wash my face! Not exactly a lazy girls dream!





I am quite happy with these two particular removers, but as always, I am interested in suggestions! If anybody is using or has used a make up remover or cleansers that they thought were great, please share them with me! I would love to know! Alternatively, if you have related blog posts, link me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment