Thursday 28 November 2013

What's In My Shower?


I don't know what it is, but I love reading "What's In My Shower?" posts. I think it's really interesting to see what other people have in there, and what they use. I try to keep my shower products pretty minimal because otherwise I end up with a bottle graveyard, i.e. lots of half used shampoos and face washes lurking in a corner! The above is what is in my shower right now.

The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel: I generally use this gel if I am showering at night time, and I follow it up with the matching body butter when I have dried off. It smells so unbelievably good - really fresh and fruity. As you can see, I have a pretty new bottle here. I re-purchase this over and over.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo and Conditioner: I am not overly fussy when it comes to shampoo and conditioner. I often just pick up whatever is on special offer at Boots or the supermarket. I try to use products aimed at fine, lifeless hair because my hair is very straight and long and it needs all the help it can get in the volume department. I have just been using this particular brand for a few days but so far, so good. I might even do a review in the future.

Original Source Mint and Tea Tree Shower Gel: For me, this is a morning holy grail! It wakes me right up! It is very minty and refreshing and it makes my skin tingle. I have been using this for a number years now and I truly adore it. It is always to be found in my shower.

Origins Checks and Balances Face Wash: I am using a travel sized version of this facial wash currently, but believe me, I will be buying a full sized tube when I am all out. It is perfect for my combination skin - moisturising enough for the dry patches around my nose but yet doesn't worsen my already oily forehead. It smells like peppermint so it is great for morning use also.

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub: The body scrubs by Soap and Glory are definitely amongst the best I have ever tried. I am particularly enamoured with Sugar Crush because I really like the smell. It is lemony and limey and call me crazy, but it reminds me of sipping on a mojito! It is thick and grainy so it exfoliates well. I use this about three times a week.

Shower Comb: I always comb through the lengths of my hair when I have conditioner in because it makes it easier for me to brush when I get out of the shower. I have hair that tangles very easy so this step is a must for me. A wide toothed shower comb can be picked up for less than three euro in Boots.

Disposable Razor: I am not loyal to any brand of razor. I tend to have my legs etc. waxed professionally because I seem to have sensitive skin which is irritated easily by shaving but I like to have a razor handy, just in case! Again, I buy whatever is on special offer.

If you have one of these posts on your blog, please link me! I could read them all day. Also, be sure to enter my Real Techniques giveaway which can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! :) Loved the post!
    Just letting you know that I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. You can find more info on it on my post http://faceitamy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-versatile-blogger-award.html :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Amy! I really appreciate it :) Now to think of seven interesting facts about myself! Hope you are doing good x

    ReplyDelete