Sunday 29 December 2013

NOTD: Accessoire by Chanel.


I have always wanted to try some nail varnish by Chanel so I was really excited to find three shades in my Christmas stocking this year. Thank you, Santa! Immediately I was drawn to Accessoire which is a deep red-brown colour. I love the richness of it and I think it will definitely be a staple in my collection because I feel like it can be worn with anything. As you can see from my above picture, it is very glossy. I am going to try it with a matte top-coat sometime because I think that could look quite good.

Let me be honest here... I am not particularly impressed by the formulation. Chanel is a high-end brand. I was expecting great things. Frankly, the application was difficult. It takes a bit of effort to achieve a smooth, even layer of colour on the nail. I find that the polish is a little streaky and the brush is just so small! I really like nail varnishes that have those big brushes which pretty much cover the entire nail in one stroke. This, therefore, was lacking for me.

Don't get me wrong - I am really happy to have this and I think I will use it a lot but in my opinion, Chanel could have a much better nail product collection. I love love love the colour so I do rate this highly but there are high-street brands producing nail polish on par (and better) than this.

I used two coats and as always, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri was my top-coat of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment