Tuesday 17 December 2013

Sarah Loves: Contour & Highlight Edition.

Sometimes I don't feel like wearing any blush at all, and I lean towards a contour and a highlight instead. I think it can look pretty great, especially if I'm wearing a bold lip shade and don't want to have too much colour on my face. Below are my favourite products to use in this instance.



NARS Illuminator in Orgasm
Sleek Face Form in Medium
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle
NARS bronzer in Laguna
Real Techniques contour brush (yellow)
Real Techniques blush brush (pink)


NARS Laguna (left)
Sleek Face Form kit in Medium (right)

NARS Laguna is a matte bronzer which I think is perfect for people who are relatively pale-skinned like myself. It doesn't look orange at all and is really buildable, so it can look quite natural or you can add as much as you like to achieve the desired effect. I know it is a super hyped product but I do think it's worth it. 

The Sleek Face Form kit in Medium is a really affordable palette - great for both contouring and highlighting. I find the contour powder on the left is too dark for me right now so I have only been using the bronzer on the right but I think come summer, when I maybe have a tan, I can try the darker shade. The quality is wonderful considering its price in comparison to NARS so if you are looking for somewhere to start your collection, I thoroughly endorse this.


Laguna on left, Sleek shades on right


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle
NARS Illuminator in Orgasm

I absolutely adore the glow and sheen that both of these leave on my skin, in particular MAC. I find the NARS Illuminator more suitable for night-time as it is very obvious, even if you only use the teeniest amount. I use them both on my cheekbones and along my brow bone and people have often asked what I use. I think that this MAC Skinfinish photographs beautifully as well. 


MAC Skinfinish on left, NARS Illuminator on right

As you can see from the picture above, the NARS highlight is extremely blatant and I really did just use a dot here. For that reason, I don't wear it day to day but it is gorgeous. I sometimes use it on my collarbones if I'm going out or down the front of my legs. It's great for around this time of year too - the season of glitter and sparkle!

That summarises what I reach for from my make up collection when I want to contour, bronze and highlight. What do you guys use? I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment