Tuesday 7 January 2014

First Impressions: Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick.


I was never a girl who was particularly interested in lip products. I always favoured a more made up eye. Recently however, I have fallen head over heels in love with the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains by Revlon. Therefore, I have been expanding my collection and feeling bold and brave enough to sample offerings from other brands. First up I set my sights on the Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks by Soap & Glory. What a great name!


Packaging wise, these Gloss Sticks are pretty similar to the Revlon equivalent - a thick, chubby crayon type product. All of the Soap & Glory line come in black tubes, whereas the Revlon tubing is the same colour as the lip stain itself. Not that it is overly important, but I prefer the bright and vibrant approach from Revlon. I can see this getting lost in my bag way too easily!


I opted for the shade 'Raplumzel'. It is a nice, rich plum colour. As you can see from my pictures above, Sexy Mother Pucker is rather glossy. I guess the name 'gloss stick' gives that away though, right! Funnily enough, I wasn't expecting such a 'wet' lip stain. I think that this Gloss Stick is quite sheer in its application. For that reason, it is very wearable day to day. You don't have to worry about it putting it on on the go! It also smells so good!


Above is Raplumzel (bottom) pictured next to Revlons' Berry Crush (top). The shininess of the Gloss Stick is evident. If you are looking for a 'no hassle' lip product, which is sheer and quite moisturising, I would definitely check out Sexy Mother Pucker. If you are after a more matte and also more obvious lip crayon, Revlon is the way to go. Both are fantastic and I know they're going to get a lot of use by me, but from my first impression of this Gloss Stick, Revlon Just Bitten Kissables are still my absolute favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment