Monday 6 January 2014

NOTD: Mysterious by Chanel.


I had a super busy day today. I was up after only four hours of sleeping and spent the day shopping with my mum. Therefore, my usual Sunday night nail routine was kind of out the window because all I felt like doing was curling up on the couch and napping! Instead of removing my previous polish and buffing, moisturising etc., I pretty much took off the old polish and painted this one right on. I didn't even file my nails! It is okay though - I am going to the US in a few days so I will probably treat myself to a proper manicure at some stage this week.

Enough of me blabbering! On to the product - Mysterious by Chanel is a khaki green coloured nail varnish. I have no idea why but I am in love with green shades for nails. I am more of a lover of mint green but I find the bright, light shade doesn't really tie in with my darker clothing choices right now. Mysterious is great however! It is a deep, dark olive colour with a creamy finish.

As I mentioned in my last NOTD post, I'm not crazily impressed by the Chanel formulation. Many high street brands can rival it, in my opinion, and the brush isn't particularly good. I would prefer to see a thicker brush, one which makes application easier and more even. Personally, I'd find it hard to splurge on nail products from Chanel in the future but I do think they're a nice gift as they have a luxe feel.

Overall, I am happy with this polish but mainly due to the fact that I adore the colour. What do you have on your nails? I would love to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment