Monday 17 February 2014

NOTD: Mint Candy Apple by Essie.


I haven't been having the greatest nail time over these last few weeks. I broke the nail on my middle finger pretty badly whilst trying to open my car door in some serious winds! I then had to file all of my nails down so I didn't have one oddly short one. Also, I have been using Seche Vite as a top-coat instead of my beloved Insta-Dri by Sally Hansen and I simply do not think that it is as good. I'm hoping to take some extra good care of my hands this weekend so my cuticles should be looking better soon.

Anyway, on to the good stuff! I am so happy to have this colour on my nails right now! I am back into my comfort zone as far as nail polish shades go! This is a beautiful (as the name suggests) mint green coloured nail varnish and I adore it. I think it is pure perfection for Spring and I like how it looks a lot.

Overall I find lighter colours more difficult to apply. I don't know why! I just think every little flaw is highlighted but this is okay. I'd prefer a thicker brush but I am used to Essie at this stage. This colour is definitely not opaque after one coat and in my opinion, needs at least two.

I think this is an Essie 'must-have' shade because everybody seems to have it and I can now understand why. Worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment